Readers will learn how to configure Inter-VLAN routing on an EdgeSwitch through the use of Switch Virtual Interfaces (SVI).
Configuring Inter-VLAN Routing
Inter-VLAN routing will allow the VLAN10 and VLAN20 networks to communicate with each other through the switch. It is also possible to set up Inter-VLAN routing on an EdgeRouter, see the Router on a Stick article for more information.
The UAP-AC-Pro will tag the wireless network with VLAN20. The management traffic from the UAP is sent untagged and will be placed in VLAN10.
1. Enter privileged mode.
2. Create the VLANs and VLAN-Interfaces (SVIs).
vlan routing 10
vlan routing 20
3. Enter configuration mode.
4. Assign the ports to the VLANs created above.
vlan pvid 10
vlan participation exclude 1,20
vlan participation include 10
vlan tagging 20
vlan pvid 10
vlan participation exclude 1
vlan participation include 10,20
5. Enable routing functionality on the uplink port (0/8) and assign it an IP address.
ip address 10.255.12.2 255.255.255.252
6. Associate the VLAN10 and VLAN20 SVIs with IP addresses and enable routing.
interface vlan 10
ip address 10.0.10.2 255.255.255.0
interface vlan 20
ip address 10.0.20.2 255.255.255.0
7. Globally enable the routing functionality and create a default route to the EdgeRouter.
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.255.12.1
8. Exit back to privileged mode and write the changes to the startup configuration.